Tracking DRP Miles

I've wrote about the DRP program previously.  Explained why I started tracking it even though in the 'beginning' I actually didn't 'care' nor want to track them.  I've been riding forty years, hundreds of thousands of miles...... and now someone wants me to 'track them?'   I was like .. .. "OH HELL NO!" ..   But we had a program in place.  I was the current Road Captain.  Only a SINGLE chapter member was providing me miles to track.  Soooooooo.....after creating that initial spreadsheet as Road Captain for Godfather....   was simple to continue on.  I put in an extra column for my name since I was on most of the rides he was on ...... and it began.   So here I am four years later with a 'complete' history of all my chapter related rides. My CVMA rides that 'qualify.'  I know for a fact I've left some off accidentally, but not worth my time to 'find them' for credit.  But all that I'm tracking are legit.   Hell, I even track all my LRRP related info on the same spreadsheet (that's another point of contention .. but old news). Now the point of this post.

I've written how the 201 file is OUR RESPONSIBILITY. Well, the DRP miles are as well.  Yes, the Road Captains (per 23-11 policy) are on the hook but if they fail to track them all, whose fault is it really?  Me, when I report those miles I simultaneously update my spreadsheet.  Simple as that.  Takes me a few extra seconds.  Lets me easily see my 5k increments.  I could then if I chose go to the Quartermaster for a new tab.  Yes.. it's got to be tracked by the RC.  Verified.  But, sorry .. I don't trust anyone else with my miles.  I can show each and every one of them. Hell, I can pull up my Google Tracker and prove it if anyone called me out.  

Now .. what brought this all up?  Saw a post yesterday on GIO on this subject.  Well, we just switched responsibilities within the chapter and I'm a betting man. I'll bet someone's miles are going to fall into a crack. Somewhere down the road someone is going to bitch.  Fingers will be pointed.  Me .. .I'll go to my spreadsheet as proof.  It corresponds with the miles reported on GIO.  No issues here.  You heard it here first... js .  It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure your miles are 100% tracked.   And yes.... it's the miles tracked by the RC that validate that new tab.  But, you get the point right?  I hate it when folks twist my words.   Psssstttt... track your miles!!!

There are a dozen .. thousands of ways to do this.  Pen and Paper.  Simple text file. Word file, Spreadsheet (duh!).  And via spreadsheet an infinite variation of options/methods to accomplish this task. This one here is my brute force method.  Works for me.  Pssstttt.. track  your miles!!!!

p.s.  I believe 23-10 has a more automated solution. I know at least two chapters do.  Is that a ultra spreadsheet of some sort?  A simple data base?  They have it where you log into their site, put in your miles and it all compiles and they can view everyone within the Chapter.  Now .. that'd be cool. But hey... that's not my 'job'.  But .. now you know? 

p.s.  Update 10 SEP '22 .  Just made my point!  Program being managed currently by someone else on CEB who has taken the time to push out the numbers to the Chapter for review.  Sure enough, one entry for Lucy and several for myself were missing from earlier this year.  I didn't even take the time to find which rides, just forwarded my XLS tracker in as validation.  Fixed/Updated.


Example of mine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...