Chapter Communication

Funny how times change... or maybe I'm changing. Or maybe I'm just getting old and crusty ?  GET OFF MY GRASS!  There, I feel better.

Just a few years ago, email was our primary tool.  Worked well, great for archival.. but .. in my opinion, folks don't use email correctly and shit can get out of control easily.  Then, when Dutch was PRO he created several FB Messenger chats, official, everyday , etc... 2 or 3 of them.  It actually really stepped up the overall communication process within the chapter.  But, I do remember thinking 'don't we only need one?' .... still, it was working.  Only thing I didn't like was important info sometimes got 'buried' in there due to other BS chat.   There is also the private FB Group for our chapter but most never really use that one.  Then less than a year ago we moved to Groups.IO for all 'official communication.' In my opinion, this is a great tool but hasn't caught on.  Many folks, some who are pretty intelligent .. just haven't figured out how to use it correctly, IMHO.   Simple as that.   In the meantime along with the Groups.io process, some of the FB messengers groups were killed off leaving just one. So, most of the chat/communication is done on a FB messenger group/chat.  That's not necessarily a good thing btw.  Lot of BSing.  Random posts.  Then folks want to meet up and well.. it gets lost in the maze of traffic.  Last week, the name of it was changed to emphasize it was non official.. Huh .. no shit... but .. why change the name?  Then I see yesterday someone was added to it that isn't a member, but might join.  I even asked why, and was reminded someone else in there isn't an active member and did I have a problem with that? Why yes... actually, I do have a problem with that.  I've voiced that before and ... fell on deaf ears. Only three should be on there... FULL, SUPPORT and AUX. Why is that so hard to understand?  Then, the final straw for me...  "please remember this messenger is for non cvma chapter business. We have a non members in here.  It is just a general bs chat page".   

Well, because there is so much 'general bs' I was considering punching out a while back off that chat group.. but didn't want to miss out on something 'important' that might get discussed there and not elsewhere, but was pretty painful to me personally to wade through all the nonsense that gets posted there.  So, that comment made about the use of that chat group... made it simple to leave. I'm done with it, out of there.   To be honest , Group.io gives me 90% of what I need.  FB Groups/Pages (not the chat messenger BS) give me 9% of the rest (events, etc).  I've got a cell phone that I can call or text for any info I'm missing or need that I can't get anywhere else.  What I don't want or need, is more continuous BS.  I don't have time for it.  Don't care about 90% of that pure BS that gets posted.

Now.. if folks would just learn to utilize Groups.io to its fullest extent.  You know... besides saying "Happy Birthday  ... xxxx"  How the fuck is that Official Business?

UPDATE:   Had a conversation with a chapter member about this ...   and I gave an example.  Had to do with something I posted this morning on FB Group.  I pointed out that the chapter meetings weren't there.  Member said where do you find them then?  On the group.. on the page?  I said no... apparently only on the web page.  They went to FB page and said "its not there.".  I said.. you're not on the public web page, you're on the FB Page.  They said "what web page?"    And that ... is probably how MOST would respond.  Folks, this ain't my first rodeo.  Most don't know what I do for a living... js.  They then said "why don't they announce it to all to ONLY check the Web Page?" Hahaha.. I love the way this goes.....   sorry, I see the humor in all this shit.  I can't even bring this up internally becuase I just get smart ass responses.....   they'll figure it out eventually.  **sigh***

Now.. GET OFF MY GRASS!!!!

You know want to attend .. So, Groups I O (GIO) Class is NOW in session ....  click her to get a clue  >>   Groups.io .............. "tricks"  <<




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...