Breakfast Ride to Tawakoni Lake

 It's Monday afternoon, haven't rode for a few weeks... I'm twitching and need some seat time.  Reach out to Dutch and Chief, they are a go.  Put it out on GIO, but no high hopes there.  Boudreaux has some personal things he's taking care of, and Shooter hasn't chimed in. Almost made a smart crack when I posted it on GIO, but why gouge an open wound (lil humor based one someone's smart crack last month).  Hey .. not everyone can get away during the week for these. We decided on a return to the Quack Shack, on the lake's edge.  Weather is cooler in the morning finally, may have to don a jacket.  Heck .. hoping to don one!  Got an 1100 business meeting in Greenville, so have to get back sooner than later; no off the beaten path routes this time.... .sigh.  Back to this post writeup; Tuesday morning is here. It's 0340hrs as I type this and I've been up for an hour... arrrrggggh.  I just know I'm going to be dragging ass later.  But hey, started this post, so can't be all bad?  Screw it .....  where's that bed  ...zzzzzzzzzzzzz .

Back up at 0700, sippin' Java with Mama and soon headed out the door!   Chief is waiting for me at the end of the road, and we're soon scootin' to Lone Oak to top off and and grab Dutch.  Temps are in the 60s and the three of us are headed down two lanes to Tawakoni then Quinlan, pulling up to the Quack Shack.  Quick temp check and with the sun out, it's broke 70deg!   Strip off the hoody, and we're headed to the restaurant to grab some grub!   As always, they ladies inside rock and kick us out a nice breakfast.  After she brings it out, she reminds us they now have hashbrowns....grrrrr.... next time!  For the first time, we park our asses outside under their covered patio and chat about upcoming Regionals .... upcoming Cancer Run ... and everyday BS.  I look down at the time and thinking .. 'oh shit!'.  I've got an important business meeting at 45 minutes, so we're rolling!  Through Lone Oak, Dutch peels off on 513 and we continue up 69, to 1564.  Chief is waving as I turn off, and it's back home to strip off the cut and swap shirts.  Twenty minutes later, I'm rolling up to my meeting and ...on time!  

Another day at the office ....









2 comments:

  1. Awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never did all get those rides in .... .sigh. You all moving to a diff' chapter .. or .. ?

      Delete

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...