Breakfast Tacos!

 I needed a part for my pool last weekend, so called our local pool supply store.  No go, but they had the part at the Wylie store 35 miles away.  Found it on the Internet a notch cheaper but would take several days to show.  Well, the light bulb came on and put it out there to a few friends.....  "anyone want to do a breakfast Monday morning Ride towards Wylie?" ...   Got 2 nibbles!

Immediately put it on GIO to see if anyone else wanted to join us; crickets.  Swamp Rat recommended a Taco Truck there off Hwy 205, so it's game on.  Around 0800 Chief and I headed out 69 to 66, then up 6 over to 78 then 205.  And, there it was!  Really nice looking truck, that they parked there and built up aroound it with a lot of picnic tables, many in the shade, under cover.  Ten minutes later Mario pulls up and we've got a lil meeting, Mexican style.  One thing that is jumping at me is all the f'n traffic.  This used to be 'country' out here; those days are gone. Housing area after housing area popping up, concrete trucks everywhere rolling down Hwy 205 and 78.  Dallas is expanding at an alarming rate ... crazy.  Makes me appreciate where I live that much more.  Well, after an hour or so ....  catching up and bullshitting, it's time to go.

Leslie's pool supply is only 3 miles away so we grab my  pool part and headed home a different way.  We roll through Rockwall on John King Blvd which is lined with lots of modern beautiful homes, down to 276 then rolling towards Quinlan.  SWG has opened yet, so I continue on into Tawakoni to the American Legion.  BUT, they don't open until noon, and it's only 1100.  So, we do a first .... AMVETS. I've seen this location for years, looks like a dump from the highway side so never ventured in.  But, I joined nationally as a life member a few months ago, so determined to check it out. Turns out you have to venture around to the back, which is actually the 'front', that has a view of the lake.  Huh.. .never realized.  Head on in and I'm kinda liking this place. Not enough room to have a Chapter mtg in the future, but large enough for a small contingent to roll in for some cold ones.  On the calendar for a future ride!

AMVVETS
American Legion ...  but.. closed :(

After a few cold ones, Chief and I head home.  One hundred blissful miles on the odometer later, Home Sweet Home.  Next up .. .Wed lunch ride!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...