TX State Meeting 2022 : Done!


We had multiple groups headed in, multiple time frames.  For me, it'd be Dutch, Smitty and myself rolling down the 'long way' on 2 lanes Thursday Morning. Posted it for months prior, no takers.  Posted it to Texas CVMA group .. no takers.  So, Thursday morning at 0800 sharp, Dutch and I roll out of Cash.  Straight down Hwy 34 to Ennis where we top off tanks and pick up Smitty, and we are rolling. Temp is chilly requiring layers / leather, but by the time we leave Ennis around 0945, I'm down to short sleeves.  Not a cloud in the sky!   We roll all the way to Gatesville for a Pee Break and allows Dutch / Smitty to take off some layers then to Blanco to splash Gas. While topping off we hear someone screaming at us from across the street so we head over to find a local CVMA member, Lumpy!   Great guy and after some chatting he busts my balls a lil with Indian questions, followed by handing me over a printed Manual for the newer Spirit Lake 111 models he'd been given, but never used; SCORE!  Thank you Brother!   He tells us we'll see him this weekend since he's a member of 23-21/Blackjack chapter.   So, we're off!   Ninety minutes later, we're pulling up to the Host Hotel in New Braunfels.  Quick Check in and I've soon got a nice cold beer in my hands.  Soon, mama and the Kennedys roll up in his truck and we're all checked in and cleaning up a lil.  Chief and Kal, make it over the Host Hotel.  Target and his bride have rolled in. We're soon down by the waters' edge enjoying the beauty of this property, enjoying cold ones and catching up.  Let State '22 begin!   

Host Hotel

Bike Night

Bike Night

Friday. What to do .. what to do.  Several of us work our way over to Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar for some grub and drinks to keep us busy during the day.  Of course, the Vendors and National Store are setup as well.   But Friday's highlight is the Bike Night at the local VFW which is over the top awesome.  Shit load of bikes roll in and we're soon joined by 44-2 in from Mississippi.  I'm starting to really get to know these guys over the last two years; perfect!  Soon, Crayon rolls in (AR PRO); I think she's following me?  Hahahah... this lady rides ... EVERYWHERE!   She's putting some serious miles on; she'd rode in with 23-26 today.  After some good music, catching up with some other folks .. we head back to the Host Hotel...  


Saturday is here...  and by 0800 we're on the bike rolling up the road to the Knights of Columbus where a shit load of bikes are already here.  When the smoke clears over 600 folks will swipe in, with 98% of those beingTexas members.  Something like 6 or 8 other states are also represented; awesome!  Meeting lasts about 3 hours and we're swiping and rolling.  One thing I have to say/admit, that meeting was ULTRA Professional and well run.  Dudeman is at the helm and held a great meeting.  Boomer was in the house and gave a great speech as well as recognizing about a dozen folks with his 'patch' he gives out for folks helping other Brothers and Sisters (Dutch was a recipient last month at Regionals).  Skrape as always is serious as fuck (in a good way) and gives some great advice and keeps things in check.  The SEB as a whole did a great job.   Behind me is a liquor setup where I grab a Bloody Mary and a few Jack n' cokes so ... I'm not complaining!   We're soon back on the bike and headed back.  Change up into some Comfys and .. hanging out on the back Patio.  Great raffles and auctions going on, Bourbon is flowing ...   and we've got a big party with several hundred folks kicking it up.   

State Meeting

Somewhere around 0500 I'm opening up an eye.. or two .. and by 0630 I'm cleaning up and prepping to ride home. By 0800 Dutch and I realized that 23-26 left and hour earlier, LA and AR folks are still eating breakfast and a half dozen from our 23-11 chapter are mounting up. So against everything I'd stated about only riding  2 laners, Dutch and I jump into the fray and we're headed up the Interstate with our chapter.  Up near Hillsboro, they jump off the Interstate for a planned lunch stop.  Dutch and I get the itch ... so ... we're back on the bikes and rolling up a few miles, jump off onto Hwy 77 and we're back in a bliss of sorts on 2 lanes the rest of the way home.  Hell, we hit traffic in Quinlan and took the long way around Tawakoni .. .just to enjoy the ride.

State '22 ... in the books!




Route down








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...