Lake Cypress Ride : 13 OCT 22



Awesome day to ride.  Seventy deg out when we left, mid eighties upon our return.  KAL has a girls’ quilt retreat in that area going on, so Chief put together a ride out that direction.  We’d head down past Emory then turn eastwardly up 2 lanes towards the lake.  Seventy-five miles later we’d pull up for a quick hello with the ladies, then rallied around the lake to the North side to have lunch at The Cove.  Really nice place, great outdoor area, good service, interesting menu (lil pricey).  Overall, not bad.  We decided on 3.5 out of 5 stars for it.  Would I return? Yes!  Ride rocked, and this place is ‘country nice.’

Ride back was a nice as the ride there, taking a slight different route, cutting through Lake Fort via a few bridges.  About 150 miles total, we’re home.

Gotta tell you …. we had a few close ones today.  Within the first 30 minutes, we had two close calls on Hwy 69 with the oncoming traffic.  The first one, an SUV crossed over the line and almost clipped the Chief and I (Dutch was 2nd, so further right). I glanced down for a sec and when looking back up Chief had moved over and the SUV was over the yellow within a couple of inches of my left leg as I jerked to the right.  Fuck that was close.  I don’t know if they were on a phone, drunk, eating or trying to kill us intentionally.  Soon afterward a car was weaving in their lane almost coming into ours.  Thirty minutes later a truck was coming down the center towards Chief, getting in their own lane at the last second.  WTF?  Triple close calls… we rarely have a single one.

Have to admit, was nice to get off the bike in one piece today.   Lil too close for comfort.


Couldn't stand my dirty mirrors .. lol

Prepping to Ride

Lunch at The Cove ...

Rolling!

Lunch

Purdy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...