Potential Chapter Rides of 2024

 I'm Soooooooooooooo ready to ride... REALLY RIDE .. this year.  I keep saying "Lets' ride as a Chapter" ..   hell.. I've said that for over six years.  Rarely ever happens... so .. lets do some dreamin' and schemin'

Day Rides

  • Ben Wheeler.  LOVE this ride.  Once you get off Hwy 69, nothing but curves and beautiful countryside. Stopping at The Forge is one of my favs' but with a big group, Moore's Store rocks.
  • Jefferson: Nothing like the Lake of the Pines area  of East Texas
  • Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards:  Haven't been here in several years.  Great Location out in Pittsburg. Just noticed a couple others have popped up in the area there and elsewhere
    • Rowdy Creek Ranch
    • Enoch's Stomp Vineyard & Winery
    • Walkers Mill Vineyard & Winery
    • Cedar Hollow Winery & Vineyard
    • VineCrafters Winery & Grill
  • Lake Fort. Always nice taking two laners back and forth around and over the lake.  Grants' Bar n Grill is just one of the stops for a P' break and a drink or two.

Overnighter

I hate to admit this..... as much as I ride.  As many trips as I've taken, in the last three decades I have NEVER just done an overnighter (correction: back around '19 while up in MN we did one.. but I was referring to here locally).  You know... head out a hundred... two hundred miles then find a quaint place to stay .. nice place to eat, etc.   and ... meander home the next day.  We planned one a few years ago but something got in the way and the 1/2 dozen of us had to canx.  Need to do a couple.

  • Queen Wilhelmina State Park is a no brainer.  Once  you get into Oklahoma, you hit the State Park area.   Whether one stays in Talihina or Mena, awesome riding
  • Hot Springs AR.  Beautiful areas to ride and Hot Springs offers just about everything for the night.
  • East Texas.   Overnighter in the Jefferson area? Meander around on 2 laners in with Pines everwhere.


I'll come back to this routinely to update....   thoughts?


Audie Murphy Chapter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...