Muenster Lunch: Zwei Bahnen mit fantastischem Wetter

I'm out doing errands yesterday, and still have chores to do at home, when my cell phone lights up ....

Chief : "We need a lunch ride to Burkburnett, tx. Be a great day trip"

Rocky : "Agree "

Rickkkcir: "Tomorrow?"

Chief : "You serious?"

Rocky : "I can do it. "

RickkciR" "Sure"

Well....  not quite... I still have to ask mama; she does have a say in all this.   But in the meantime I type up the below before I head out to fix a few things in the yard. This is what I'm going to post on Groups.io . The Chief is scheming here; he's found a joint north of Wichita Falls he wants to check out!  Can you blame him?

So ....... it's game on!  Who else is in!?!?  Looks like an 0800hr KSU from Cash area (also known as CR3519/FM1564 intersection), roll up past the QT in GVL (stop if anyone is joining us there), up 69 to Sherman and cross over on 82 towards Wichita Falls.  Looks like another gorgeous Sunny Day in Texas, meant to be Ridden!  >> ROUTE <<

Well, after all my chores, we jump in the pool while there is still sun on the water.  After an hour, I ask the question .. and ... get the thumbs up. But with my delay in responding, they assume I'm struggling with all the time required to do the ride (we're talking 400+ miles) and change it up to Muenster which is 1/2 the distance.  I've passed through this town dozens of times, but never eaten at here with his German heritage everywhere. Score!   We change up the KSU time to 0900 from Cash , change up the destination and we're a go!  Time to post on Groups.io.  As usual, not a single taker.  Dutch wanted to, but had an appointment that interfered.  

This morning, head down the driveway, connect up with Chief and we roll out to top off the tanks. Nobody else has chimed in so with Chief as Road Captain and leading, we quickly shoot up to Sherman to grab Rocky then off to Muenster. Pretty normal ride on 69 and 82.  On the way back Chief is like.. "want to take the scenic route?" Oh .. hell yes!  So, we take 2 laners all the way home staying off the main throughways. By the time we get home, we're like "that rocked!"  Next time, we're taking that scenic route BOTH directions!


Actual Ride (241 miles total)  Return : 373>922>121>160>78 etc.


Found Rocky  ...


Arrived Muenster

German Restaurant

YUM!!!




6 comments:

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...