LRRP TRI STATE requirement ...

 My Blog .. My Opinion

"TRI-STATE: Single award per calendar year for riding to three (3) separate out-of-state Sanctioned Events in three different states (National Sanctioned Events, Regional Sanctioned Events, or State Sanctioned Events). All events must be a minimum of 100 miles in travel one-way via the most direct route. Can complete consecutive events."

Got to tell you ...   lil frustrated.  Rode up to Hattiesburg few days ago, but the Sanctioned event didn't count for Tri State.  It's over 100 miles from my home in Tx.  Check.    Rode over 100 miles to get there.  Check. But, because I didn't ride from Tx to MS, doesn't count.   Hmmmmm...    Now, yes I 'picked' my start point to meet the requirement.. .but...  I still believe it should count.

Let me give two other examples.  Apparently neither of these would count.   I don't agree.  That being said, I'm not going to raise the BS flag and try to get the LRRP guidelines changed, but I still call BS.

Example 1.  I fly to Vegas on business.   I'm aware 200 miles away  ... maybe .. 500 miles away ...is a sanctioned event that weekend.  I head down to Eagle Rentals, grab an HD and ride more than 100 miles each way.  Maybe 100 miles with the Chapter putting on the event.  Apparently, this doesn't count as an out of state sanctioned event for the Tri-State Tab.   Why Not?

Example 2.  I pull a toy hauler out on vaca' for a month into a State Park in say ...   Tennessee.  During that month, I travel to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and maybe.. .Kentucky for a sanctioned event in each state.  Each one I travel to is more than 100 miles from my campground.  Each one is more than 100 miles from my home in Texas.  How can those not count?   Why Not?

I get the the basis of what is trying to be done with the basic requirement.   Keeps a minimum ride distance in place.  Keeps folks from doing "easy" rides across a state line when they live nearby .  But, I call BS either of those examples don't count.  And I believe that ride this past weekend should count.

Now .. all that being said, in 7 weeks is Regionals and I'll do my third piece of the Tri-State ... but ...   at some point we need to insert common sense into the overall program.  Just my .02 ...   there .. I feel better now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...