Brashear Breakfast Ride

Lets' Roll!

Only my second time here, both for breakfast.  My Barber (Carrie), led me to this place months ago via a face book post; the food is nothing short of amazing/awesome.  The owner/chef moved to Texas several years ago, and during the Covid crap, built up the place next to her home in Brashear.  For the less than brave, they may not truly get it. The Vibe... the Cool Factor.  To me, it feels almost 'off the grid.'  My sister was thrown off but by the time we'd left she was smiling.  Rolled out this morning with Chief on 2 wheels and met up with Dutch who had to cage it (his bike is still in the shop).  We rolled up as they unlocked the gate and grabbed a seat.  Soon the owner, Ms Bettie Carter walked in and introductions began.   

Funny thing about this place; if you're in a hurry you picked the wrong place. Everything is made from scratch, so takes a lil longer than many may be used to.  The aroma of lunch cooking was in the background (lamb) and found myself wondering if we should have rolled in a few hours later?  But, when we left home it was 85 and temps are still in check.  This is a restaurant with no A/C, lots of fans and shade.  So, good move. Another interesting thing .. no menu.  Bettie tells you what she has in the kitchen and describes some options... Breakfast Burrito (Dutch got it.. was HUGE), classic eggs and meats (what the Chief and I did) and some French toast options (decadent!).  After what seemed like a half hour (doubt it was), three plates loaded up showed up and the grazing began.  It'd given us lots of time to chat and catch up.    Then, we're soon pushing back from the table and giving the bellies some room.  Bettie is sharing stories with us, then she and Frank are discussing her future business options.. and .. Chief and I notice the temps are rising ... we gotz to go!   Pay the bill, straddle up and the temps are in the low 90s and rising.... we're rolling!

Thirty minutes later, home and the sweat is starting to kick in...   it's hot out there!   As I type this its not even noon yet...   it's going to be another baker outside.. and .. the pool is calling my name.  Soon as my lawn guy is done... I'm in!

Another great day of Brotherhood .. .maybe we need to go back early next week for seconds?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...