Start Ups....

Sometimes, reminds me of the movie "Wild Hogs" ... LMAO.  Hell, I remember back around '09 some friends wanted to start up a riding group of sorts, but that movie was all I could think about.  I had zero desire to be part of a fiasco in the making.  Two years later I became aware of the Iron Indians (IIRA) so joined up, but it'll still be a few years before I cracked their code, so to speak. By 2014 I was putting together the Fandango Chapter in East Texas, as the founder. I wanted to ride .... and being part of this group gave me a group to connect to.  Still for me it was all about the 1/2 dozen of us that rode locally.  By 2015 that had started to change as I became more immersed in the association. At the same time, we had a small butt hurt group break off and start their own association, bad mouthing ours.  Funny part to me is those 'founders' didn't have their shit together.  Weren't bad ass bikers or anything.   To me, most were posers and just wanted their own control since they couldn't get it in the IIRA.  To this day, they've never truly taken off.  They have an annual event and can't stay above 99 remembers... .last I heard it was 75 and that includes many non riders (spouses). To this day I've stuck with the IIRA, though I'm less active in it.  Participated in the annual reunions in '11,and '14-'19. Covid caused a bump in '20, I missed the '21 as well as the main event last year.....   sort of on the side lines for now.  My only complaint.... it's always seems like 'crickets' on annual and regional events... frustrating.

Dual Patched: Back in '17 focused on the CVMA and was patched in by March of '18, as a full member.  Been going 100mph with them the last five years attending various National, Regional and State events.   Looking for other chapters with events to give me an excuse to put on miles.  Still, nothing is perfect and in an organization in excess of 20k members.... every once in a while you come across a flake or two. Trick is to just move on, keep one's boundaries, focus on the success of the masses and one's contributions. I remember back around late '18 or so several chapter members were talking about flipping over to a Veteran based MC and I actually was interested.  But thank goodness that all fell by the wayside and here I'm am five years later enjoying the good times with the CVMA.  Everything isn't perfect in my world as I type this. I've hinted that via a few posts the last few months... but... all good in the big picture.  Still, I'm privy to seeing a 'rerun' of what I saw back in '15 with another organization.  Recently, I became aware of more than a 1/2 doz folks bailing out to start their own group.  A few MF'd those of us in our organization, pointing fingers.  Guessing they don't have a mirror to look to see the actual problem(s)?  Hell, I remember when I first met the 'leader' of their new mess, I wondered what their agenda was.  I sensed it.  First thing they said to me was " I know you don't like me but..."  I cut them off with a 'huh?  I never said that" and we got along from then on out.  I didn't have a problem with them. But I wasn't looking for new friends and ....   I had a gut feeling there was an agenda in play.  This individual transferred in from another chapter for their own personal reasons, had issues with others in that chapter... and bailed to ours.   Then made a power play successfully and ...   here we are today.  Nothing ....nothing.... was accomplished IMHO during that person's tenure.  They bumped heads with a few.  Attempted to fuk' over a few.  But ... when the smoke cleared, folks survived and they.. this person .. bailed to start another group blaming others.   

I guess that's my hang up in these situations.  The folks I'm talking about in both instances didn't come up with a new idea.  Didn't start up in a new region .. with new people.  Like whiney lil' bitches they pointed fingers, blamed others and bailed leaving their patches behind.  I became aware of this when my phone started ringing and folks asked me if I had bailed .. and I was like "WTF? Of course not!"   I wouldn't have if asked.  But ..... wasn't asked.  Guessing a few knew I'd see through the BS.   Hell, I don't even have a high level of respect for a few that did do it ( not all of course .. but .. select few).   Heck, my surprise was a few others didn't go along with them... but .. maybe I underestimated those few.  Maybe I've got them 'wrong' in my book.  Guess we'll find out eventually if I'm wrong or right.  

Guessing things are going to be better... smoother .. more of a brotherhood. More like it used to be before someone's power play ....


Viet Con

__________

UPDATE:
Noticed this a month or so later... funny shit

"

Person 1's Post
Person 1 is feeling disappointed.

It's completely crazy to me that to some people a brotherhood is completely dependent on someone's ability to agree on everything. The moment you decide it's time that you need to move on to bigger and better things for whatever reason you may have, it requires that they need that brotherhood to be broken. 
No worries brother, I will always wish you the best regardless of how you feel about my decisions.

Person 2
Amen. I find it quite sad when you decide to move on from something for whatever reason and suddenly the brothers you thought would always be there turn on you because you no longer part of the same group. I thought brotherhood went beyond what you have on your back or what organization you are part of. Especially when they were offered to be a part of it and chose to stay. My decision to leave was not something i did to others. It was a decision i made for what was best for myself and my wife. I chose to keep my dignity and no longer be part of an organization that has stabbed me in the back on multiple occasions. Was i supposed to be ok with it and just roll over?

Person 3
Person 2,  now you understand why I stepped down and have stayed away. Too much drama.

Person 1
Person 3,  was intended to be a drama free exit, unfortunately some didn’t see it needed to be that way. Vindictive is the word that comes to mind in this sadly.

Person 3
Person 1,  I hear ya brother. I was very surprised by the way things went down. I will see you tomorrow at Person 2's

Person 1
Person 3 ok brother see ya there

Person 2
Person 3,  Sadly yes. Wish it would have turned out like it was supposed to be initially...some people's choices made the decision a lot weasier."

Funny part to me ... is .. this was all posted publicly so 'everyone' could see it.   Like I've always said.. whiney lil bitches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...