LRRP 2025 : let the planning begin!

 Man, I almost had Lucy mentally 'in' to chase this Award this year.  We did Ft Smith AR (7-3) a few weeks ago.  Then I had OK coming up, that would have been #2 for her, but LA only had a few options left and ...  she chose to sit tight.  We're doing Regionals in AR later this month, and ... she's taking it slow being back on the bike, pain free.  Almost got her there!

Well, as I've posted elsewhere here, got all if it done for the year on my end and submitted paperwork for the Grand Slam tab and it's approved and awaiting shipment.  Up until this weekend I'd never seen anyone else (though there must be dozens?), with a Grand Slam tab in person .. he also had two.  I've seen several posted out there (Cout, etc.) that have been awarded in diff' regions, but ...  never seen them on a vest.  When #3 comes in later this month,  I'll be wearing that sucker proudly.  That shit takes some planning and putting in a few miles; worth it all.

Well now ..... 2025.  My first thought process is how to get Lucy in on the fun.  She's agreed to do a Tri State option.  I'm hoping to get her to also do Inner State .. we shall see. So Tri State.  LA has a State Meeting usually mid January.  If the weather cooperates and I doubt it will... could knock that out early and get her motivated out the gate. Did that one a couple of years ago.  Weather on the way there rocked...  on the way back, froze our assess off.   Second LA event is their Polar Bear Plunge.  I've missed the last two and FEB 25 is on my list.  AR will be an easy one with so many options throughout the year.  Still, sooner the better. I'd like to get them plus an OK trip in.  For some reason OK always seems to be the tough one for me.... maybe it'll go smooth next year.  Really want to accomplish two of these before Nationals in June for personal reasons. It's doable!   Either way, trick is to get the first one early simply to motivate mama.  TRISTATE!

For Inner State, it's easily doable.  Well, at least in Texas.  I mean .. I could head to El Paso for a meeting and .. done. Hell, one simply has to go to three meetings at other chapters, 3 times, 250 miles away.  That's a 500 mile roundtrip, 1500+ total miles. That's like what .. 90% of the Chapters for me?  Done, that's it!  I used to think in Sanctioned event miles, thinking long distance, less trips. More daunting from a planning perspective. But, three meetings as a minimum; who couldn't/shouldn't do that?  Hell, an entire Chapter could do those runs in and out on a Saturday...  now THAT would be an accomplishment!  But yeah ... that shit ain't going to happen .. LMAO.  Either way, I'll personally have that in the books by June (I f'n better have!) ...   hopefully ... Lucy will join me?

Nationals for Finish the Mission; no brainer.  Head out of here to my MS home for a quick rest stop (550 miles away), then throw a leg back over the bike and head to Athens Georgia for another 500 miles.  Done.  One could probably take a multi hour nap and stop for a nice meal and have plenty of time?  Now, I'll never do it that way for various reasons (cut it close, induced 'food coma', lack of sleep).  We've got 24 hrs. for that 1000 miles .. I like to do it and get it over with!  On the way back, Goose and Sassy Pants are planning on hitting TN for the Dragon and other area rides. NOW, we are talking.  I've got my return scheme in the works!

Already got two other rides blocked off and in the calendar that would qualify, but doing them for the sake of good times and Brotherhood.   Out in AZ, 32-4 does an annual ride in Tombstone.  I've heard nothing but good and it's on my calendar for '25. Come August, it's Sturgis' 85th Rally, and CVMA has a sanctioned meet/greet mid week.  That's on my calendar as well!

So, here we are  four months left in the year with lots of riding to go ...and ...  in true dumbass fashion, I've almost planned out 2025 completely.  Just need to get mama on board to get some miles under her butt!

Kicker is .. that was the planning part.   Throw in Regionals... State ...  few awesome Sanctioned events .. some MS events...  it never ends!  Did I mention FL?  I've been trying to fit that in the schedule, unsuccessfully so far.  I can't get enough... I've got the disease .. I'm sik' .. in a good way :)  WTF, gives me lots of FOD to blog about next year ....


RELATED POST:

LRRP PROGRAM https://easttexasbiker.blogspot.com/2023/11/lrrp-program.html







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...