Bug's Situation

 Deep down, some shit just really bothers me.  I just posted this on GIO and to our sister Chapter

Just a quick update.   

Lucy, Nance, Boudreaux and myself stopped in unannounced to see Carolyn today at the Rock Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation in Sulphur Springs (Room xxx).  The long / short of it she has been in upwards of five facilities the last two month, and on the mend.  She's hoping to be home in a few weeks. Her son is staying at her home taking care of it currently.  Her current situation is she is in the rehabilitation part of getting to walking again, having lost her strength over the last few months.

Regards
Rick

We were at SWG yesterday when I stumbled across this info.  I was like "wait.. what?".   The girls found the tidbit of info on it, where she was and...  I couldn't find anything else about it.  Nothing on GIO.  Nothing on email threads... nothing on FB threads.  To be honest, I was in disbelief.  So, right there and then we began planning for today's trip.   I was adamant I wasn't wearing any colors.  This wasn't about taking a group pic.  This wasn't about some type of promotion.   We were worried about her and headed her way to Sulphur Springs.

Unfortunately we woke her, around 1045 hrs.  She didn't get to sleep until about 0600 but she eventually came around and brushed off the grogginess.  We soon learned that we were the ONLY folks from our association to come see her.  I believe some tried texting or calling to no avail, but no one in person.   I was feeling sick to my stomach over this.   Well, we had a great visitation for upwards of an hour then gave her some space.  Promised her I'd be back later this week with some 'real food' in tow!

On a positive note, this appears to be a nicer facility. Apparently some of the others... not so much.  When she gets home I'm looking forward to cooking her up a nice Juicy burger at her place.  I personally can't imagine being in one of the places a week, much less months.

On a positive note, Bubba and crew checked back with me ASAP, unaware.  My crew .. fucking crickets so far.

UPDATE 28 APR 2023:  Stopped by with some Lasagna from Romas for Bug and some spaghetti for me and got met with good news.  Her son John was helping her pack and they were headed home.  Hmmmm...  Well, asked if he likes Spaghetti, he smiled .. so I handed them their lunch, gave Bug a big hug and kiss, and headed back to Romas for a sit down meal!  LOL  Great news overall.

2019 time frame



2 comments:

  1. Wow .. except for one person on GIO .. fucking crickets. Sad. On a positive note, Dutch was in Sulphur Springs today and dropped in for about 45min or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lost Bug today. She had just gone to Hospice. We will miss you my Lady. Tell Godfather we said hi and give him a hug for us

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...