The 201 File

Most of us are familiar with a DD214.  The 201 is the CVMA's version, but more of a real-time document we can view,  update and track our 'time' in the CVMA.  It not only has our official data, but tracks attendance to Nationals, Back Patch(s) issued, ID cards printed and sent out, as well as all the events we attend, sanctioned, chapter level, and even disciplinary action.  In the early days, I barely paid attention to it.  Wasn't until a few years ago when it was requested we update ICE info, I really started focusing on it.  Before that , was just seeing that my Back Patch and ID card were issued.  Well, a few years ago, Lucy pointed out that the sanctioned event she patched in wasn't there.  I downplayed it saying it didn't really matter. But it would.  She noticed many of the chapter meetings she attended in '19 and '20 were not in there.  Hmmmmm.... neither were mine.  WTF?  Did  they drop off after 24 months automatically?  Don't know.. but a lil strange. I've had some say "BS" .. but.. months and months of chapter meetings.... gone.  So now I've gotten a lil' anal over it all.  Verifying ALL sanctioned events are posted.  ALL chapter meetings are.  You name it.... I'm all over it now.  Now does this all matter?  Well.. yes.

Sanctioned events.  This single issue, is why I'm posting this.

The day Lucy patched in, occurred at a Sanctioned Event.  It's not on her file.  Now, I have pictures of her there.  I have proof she is there getting patched in.  Other people there, in the pic have it on their 201.   Now, common sense says, update the 201 and everything is fine.  Not so fast there, Holmes.....  Of course, one might be thinking .. .what's the big deal??   I actually said that as well early on.   But, it was.  It is.  And now, it's become an actual issue.  Now, having said all this, I was able to get it updated by our SR but ..........  a few months from now none of this will matter has the clock ticks and time frames line up for her Life Membership Application .. .but...

I'm a little hard headed and .... don't always follow instructions apparently.  CO told me correctly, but seven months after asking him, I asked the question again. Had I reread what he'd sent me, I wouldn't have asked the question again, up the food chain, which is exactly what he'd already done.   I'd gotten wrapped around the axle and looked for the answer in our By Laws. On the official Forum.  But, the answer isn't there; its' on the Life Membership Application form.    He'd already told me that.  SR pointed it out again (whoops).  But, the SR did update the 201 this time around (a matter of principle?) per my request.  However the reason we gave a shit was for the Life Membership... and ...   no go. Doesn't count.  Why? "Annotation must be within 6 month of the sanctioned event"    It's right there in Black and White.  No gray areas here.   Now, why is that?  Well,  put one's thinking cap on and its sort of obvious.  One could work the system.  Maybe even lie, to get all the info in a 201 file to get Life Membership.  I get it.  What I didn't get, but I do now .. we both do .. is ...   the 201 is OUR responsibility to ensure it's 100% correct and updated.  Simple as that. Period.  End of Story.  Everyone's 201 is their own responsibility

I've always stated that in the big picture only three things are important and critical to maintain "currency" is  ...as a MINIMUM :  Attend a chapter meeting once a year to stay in 'good standing' with the CVMA.   And, if one ever wants to attain Life Membership, one Sanctioned event within a 12 month time frame, 3 times in a row (ie 3 years) and a National event within that 36 month time frame....  to qualify and apply.   Note.... it's not simply 3 years and good to go.   Lucy also attended a sanctioned event in '20, '21, '22 (Nationals) but that doesn't meet the criterial.  It's not the calendar year, but three 12 month windows, back to back.  Once one sees the XLS they use for this it makes more sense and simple to understand.   Boots had called me with the bad news to explain it to me and all made sense.  Didn't like it, but..... it's there in the process to ensure all is legit.  Dudeman sent it to me as well to ensure there were no questions/issues on my end.

For most, this is no big deal. Most will never attain Life Membership (go figure... beyond my grasp).  Most will not really care what's in that 201 file (go figure... beyond my grasp).  Most will wonder why I blogged about this at all...... but then, those folks don't grasp how my brain works?   LOL

The 201 File.  I'd recommend everyone review theirs.  Everyone ensure it's 100% correct.  When the smoke clears, our entire time within the CVMA is all there...  In black and white.


Notice the interesting thing here?  It's not just the calendar years that matter, but the 12 month increments


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...