Commerce Breakfast Ride

 Finally back in the seat again! First time in a LONG time ... I felt GOOD on that seat due to a previous medical issue that looks to be solved.  Dutch put it out there on groups.io couple days ago since we had nice weather forecasted and we're a go!  Holly expressed interest but didn't make it unfortunately. Chief has Jury Duty .... don't know about any others.  Several folks chimed in they couldn't make it due to work .. and ...  a lil drama unfolded which ... I don't agree with, hence putting it here.   My .02 is ... if you can't make it, don't reply. Don't say anything. Definitely don't attempt to hijack a thread that 4-5 dozen others can see.  Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.  There...... enough of that.    As we do often during the week we put out a RIDE .. you know.. actually a ride to a location on two lanes when possible, the long way ... with a meal stop as an excuse/destination point.   Sadly only two of  us would make it this time.

Hopped on KRUSH around 0845, met up with Dutch in Lone Oak and after a quick splash with fuel we're rolling.  As I said, the long way so we headed the opposite direction of our destination to Point, then turned east onto two lane roads. Worked our way up to Commerce where we pulled into a nice lil' Breakfast/Lunch only joint where I was mildly surprised by their menu.  Eggs Benedict!!  SIX variations!  Well, we caught up on several subjects, solved the world's problems (without alcohol!) and headed home...the long way. Checking out they gave us the SENIOR Discount ...   just kidding...  shitty joke a couple of bozos might get... the MILITARY Discount; lol! Dutch was headed to the TEXAN in downtown Greenville, but I had to get home to check work email and ... afterwards.. well.. this post?   Dutch dropped off on Lee St so headed west on 380, grabbing 36 south to wind me back home on a twisty route.   

Was 90 deg when we left and 98 2.5 hours later when I rolled in... a beautiful Texas August Morning!





2 comments:

  1. DutchDutchprigmore23cvma11@gmail.comAugust 17, 2022 at 4:15 PM

    Awesome Day Rdiing Like We Stole It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was.... you lead it at a perfect speed .. ... zoooooooooooom

      Delete

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...