Friday Ride

 Most of the week the weather has been awesome and felt the need for two  wheels... ..  momma had a prescription to be picked up in Allen, Chief was looking for a reason to ride .. so, came up with a plan.  We'd be within blocks of the HD dealer so set that as our destination with a lil jump over to pick up Lucy's stuff.  Put it out there, only person that chimed in was Rocky and at the last minute, Lucy jumped on the bike with me.  Rocky opted to head my way since he's on the opposite end of all this, out of Anna.  Well, Brother Dick (Rocky) rolls up, we saddle up, head down 1564 to grab the Chief, and we're off.  

This new Indian of mine has GPS which is a good thing AND a bad thing.  I tend to rely on it versus use common sense sometimes and it'd bite me right out the gate.  We were taking 1564 to 36 to 6 ... but... noooooooooo... as we enter Caddo Mills I see an alternate option starting at me on the screen .. so, I take it, we go straight ahead, curve into the woods and find ourselves on a shit road, that is supposed to be a shortcut to Hwy 6.  Except when he come out on 6, it's not obvious to me via the GPS or signs that I'm where I've been a dozen times before.  Wrong turn, then a U Turn .. and .. we're headed north on 6.   SMH ...   I hate GPSs sometimes.  Anyways, I took as the 'curvy' way through Wylie to stay off the 4 laners, soon to be reminded of simple fact.  I hate Dallas Traffic.   Dallas now 'extends' into Wyle ...Rockwall , Fate, McKinney .. yo name it.  As soon as we hit Wylie .. nothing but bumpers and lights and stop signs.  Well, after fifteen miles of this crap, we got to our destination.  Now, we've got to jump onto 121  to 5, and into McKinney.. This is my old stomping ground and know exactly where I'm at. Once we get north of McKinney we're back to sanity.; 2 lanes.    Few miles up we hit Anna and one of our fav' Mexican Joints for some grub.  Few cold ones and life is good!

After lunch, Rocky has to head to work so we boogey up Hwy 5 to FM 121 and life is good again.  All the way home to the driveway I'm reminded how much I love this area to ride in.  Sunshine, mid 60s, no traffic.  Well, assuming  you stay out off the concrete!

Today (Saturday) we cage it to our chapter meeting.  Got a cooler, chairs and momma has some Christmas supplies.  Two wheels, another day

Two Lanes of Heaven



Our Route..  That yellow .. SUCKED!


Keep me out of the Red! (Dallas).  I LOVE the surrounding countryside


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...