Wasted Trip to AR

 ................well, that was a little frustrating.   Picked up the new Challenger a few months ago from out of state. All the parts weren't in so I went ahead and picked it up thinking I'd ride back and have them put on; excuse to ride.  Well, the parts came in but no one wanted to ride up that way for the night so ....  guess because it was a little chilly out, decided to trailer it up for the day and a few hours later, dead head back with the new lowers, speakers and lights. 

Dropped off the bike, had a great lunch with the owner (personal friend), came back into the shop after a few hours and they tell me ... one of the parts wasn't ordered.  I thought they were fucking with me .. but .... fact.  Turns out it's the wiring harness, got overlooked when ordering parts, so ...  now I'm asking "you're fucking kidding me, right?"   Have to admit for a few minutes I was pissed.  Then you realize ...  well .. I can bitch and bitch .. or .. press on.  Shit Happens.

I was going to head out but they recommended I leave the trailer and grab it all on the next trip.  So, 9 hours and a few hundred bucks wasted; I least I was pulling the gas mileage killer. On a positive note, I don't need the bike here for now; have others to ride.  And, when I head back it'll be 100% ready to roll.  Hell, maybe I'll make it an overnight trip/party out of it of sorts.

But .. damned I was pissed there for a moment.

2 comments:

  1. They are loading up the bike tomorrow and headed to Tx with my trailer. They are forgiven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Challenger.. in a class of it's own!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...