Leather and Lace Ball

 


What a great weekend!   Only thing (okay .. few things) that would have made it better is riding in like a few did.  But, Sunday up in NE Texas was a bit nippy and it rained the last 75 miles, so ... maybe not? Other thing is the Hotel needed a little work ...  one of the elevators (that left only ONE!) was out of service, rooms needed a lil TLC, folks at the front desk were great, rooms didn't get made up (seems like post-covid they all have issues with this).  But overall not too bad.

Cupcake, our Aux Guru in Tejas put this together.  I believe it's the 3rd annual;  second I've attended. We carpooled with Boudreaux and Nance, headed to the Host Hotel, checked in, sipped a few then took Boudreaux's advice and Uber'd over to the Meet n Greet.  Rock n' Brews well.. rocked!  Weather was great.  Food and Service were great.  Catching up with all the members was great.  Dudeman/Cupcake, Boomer/YaYa, Skrape, Cout, RoadRunner, Leftie.... the list goes on and on.  Sat at the Beaumont groups table, made a few new friends.  Across the street was a cigar bar so we made our way over there for a few hours.  Then ... back to the hotel to sip with others in the main area on the third floor.  I'm sure we must have pissed off a few (noise)? 

Next morning we jump in our vehicle and head a couple miles to Embers for lunch.  Killer Service, awesome drinks, food was excellent.  We realized 23-3 was having their Chapter meeting about thirty miles down the road so we head that way for a few hours.Then ... make our way back to the Host and ... relax n' prep for the evening.   around 5ish we headed to the Ball!


23-3 Chapter Mtg

Beer and Wine was included, full bar for the rest. Cupcake outdid herself as always with the Deserts and folks are strutting while working the crowd.  Folks have come decked out and ready to have a good time!  Our Chapter has their own table with 8 of us in attendance. Rouge didn't make it in so unfortunately, two empty chairs.The Honor Guard was incredible, an ensemble of all ladies.  Pledge of Allegiance and we're off to have a good time.  I wasn't 100% impressed with the dinner, but it wasn't bad .. just not memorable.   Then visiting with everyone and enjoying the evening.  Lucy is in a boot so no boot scootin' on the dance floor for us.   Well, over the next few hours a lot of sipping going on .. well .. for me at least and its soon time to go.  Lets just say ... I wasn't in the best condition.  Self induced......I'd pay for it the next day...grrrr.   I called it an early night, the others took it to the Hotel 3rd floor and...  the next day made for a long one with the previous nights antics.  Grrrrrrrrrr.   

23-11

Five hours later we're home and unpacking.  Really good time but.. .if I go next year... I'm pacing myself....   hey .... could happen.


Boomer got tall!

Cigar Bar



Goose showing the Love

'Laxin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...