WHOM .. will actually make it?

I love to ride.  Usually looking for an excuse.  Actually drives my wife bat shit; her ride?  Not so much. 

 I remember when this event popped up a few years ago and I tried to promote it locally.  Fell flat on deaf ears.  No biggee since they did an awful job of promoting it themselves and ... the whole thing just... went away.  They never did it.  Huh.  Weird.  They didn't even announce it canx.  Just .. went away.  Saw this flyer below when they first put it out and have been pushing it since.   Well, sort of .  Wingnut as our new Road Captain saw it and began pushing it.  So, looking forward to a group of us riding out there.... Funny background on this for '23.  I noticed it out there via their page.  But, there was no event advertised; anywhere.  Checked the National Sanctioned Calendar; nothing.  Checked the major groups; nothing. So I reached out to the POC and prodded and prodded and .... prodded.  Finally, they got it out there for most to see! Can't help myself sometimes.  Lack of knowledge by PROs and organizers drives me bat shit.

But... two issues.  First one is... something ain't right with me.  Last several times I've rode, I've had issues 1/2 way into the ride..  I've tried to figure out WTF is going on, but .. unsuccessful so far.   Mentioned my symptoms to the docs and get a deer in the headlights look.  So, I'm working on trying to find the solution.  Historically, I could throw a leg over a bike and do 4 digits of miles in a day.  My ass hurt, but I could do it.  Hot? Throw a bottle over water over the head and do another 100 miles.  But.... not so much anymore.   Seems like 50-100 miles down the road I get light headed, dizzy for a few seconds then usually it passes.  A few times I've had to pull over for it to pass.  But for the life of me I can't figure out ....why.   As I look back on things .. I've been dealing with this since March of 2021 when it happened coming back from Daytona Bike Week.  Hell, on a chapter ride I ended up in an ambulance.   So, I've been trying to sort through it all. Docs have changed up my meds.  No solution overall.  I've pulled back on my alcohol intake.  Not sure if that's been a player. Few weeks ago, talked to the docs and we cut my Amlodipine intake (blood pressure meds) in 1/2.  I've lost forty pounds and my BP has gotten on the low side, so trying that.  And I've pulled back my alcohol intake drastically.  To be honest, I don't think the alcohol is the issue, vs the dehydration that often occurs during that time frame.  So ....

The last ten days I've cut out all alcohol. Been staying hydrated.   Watching the weight.  Getting a shit load of sleep.  And this Saturday, we have the ride. Supposed to be another 100deg day and the sun / heat has really fucked with me as of late.  Why?  Don't know .  I used to LOVE riding in the 90s and watching others park the bikes... now..... I sometimes want to park that fucker.  But...... why?  What's changed?  Is it simply age?  The ticker? Something else I can't figure out?   Well....   Saturday we'll see how this plays out.  Going in to the ride as prepared as I can be to try and sort out what the cause is for those issues. Hate to admit it but I wear a helmet often now.  Used to not give a shit.  Now, I want to ensure if I am the cause, my brain cells possibly function after bouncing off the pavement? :)

BUT.... the real reason for this post.  As of late .. hell .. always .. from my perspective. .. our group ... doesn't ride.  I don't get it, I don't understand it.  We have a small subset we call the Senor' Rebels that ride often during the month.... 50+ miles here, 100+ miles there.  But ... the rest ... WTF?  Will they show?  Will they participate?  Do they give a shit?  What's the excuse going to be this time?  Or will folks even give excuses and just stay quiet as usual?

Saturday ... we find out

p.s.  This should be a great ride with lots of two laners and for the most part, a lack of CONCRETE




2 comments:

  1. Couple of highlights... Gunny and SAM rolled in. She Devil and her crew rolled in.. great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanctioned .. not Sanctioned .... guessing this issue might piss off a few

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...