MS State Mtg '23

 First MS State Meeting for me this past weekend.  Totally different animal than the TX ones I'm used to.  Texas is probably bigger than most regional meetings with 400+ folks rolling in.  Not sure how many we had in Hattiesburg this past weekend, but guessing 100 or so MS members and a lot of folks from TX, FL, AL, AR and GA rolling in ....maybe 150 total?  Would be interesting to see how many swiped. Overall, short (1.5 hrs), and felt more personal with a smaller crowd (though packed/full house)

UPDATE:  248 Swipes!  Damned!!!!!!

Buckeye is the State Rep out of 44-1 whom I met a few years back.  He's doing a great job Sponsoring Chapter was 44-2 whom did a great job.  I've been getting to know these folks as well as some of the folks in my own chapter.  I continue to see them at different events around a 4 state area; Great People!  Grunt Pa is the CC and did a great job; his personality fits the event and gets it done.  He had some great help from his folks and they pulled it off. Marty-Graw, Sloshy, 2L8 and no doubt many many others. They held this at the Moose Lodge which is a great venue. They used it for their bike show last year and will again come September.

Man .. so many folks rolled in that I know. Skrape out of TX with his sidekick.  Cray-On out of AR.  Lot of other faces from the Houston area. Coolshot our National SAA was on hand, their Regional rep Bunny did a great job keeping things in check and giving info.  Hell, I've already got 2024's on my calendar.  Find myself wishing I could have made their Regional event last year; that would have been a blast! 

Weather was an interesting one.  Hot as fuck on my ride in, cooler leaving on Sunday with rain here and there.  Surprisingly I only got splashed once and it was refreshing. Been planning this one since they'd announced it and now..... behind us.  Time to refocus on TX again with an event with 23-28 on their APR ride early September and our State and Regionals coming up .  Rolling back on 2 to Hattiesburg in mid September for their Bike show.  I came away with a second place trophy last year; FIRST in on my radar for 2023!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...