Lunch Ride with the boys ...

 Rocky and I needed to meet up today to exchange some funds, so decided on a quick ride and put it out there, with only the Chief jumping into the fray. Chief and I roll up to the bank where I do the magic and had to toggle my phone from airplane mode back in forth to get it working / signal.  It starts going crazy with messages, notifications, etc.. and .. I see Rocky has sent my an option for lunch in Caddo Mills. I'd told him Farmersville, so .. hey ... okay ... Caddo Mills it is. I was looking forward to riding further but .. wtf. Fifteen minutes later Chief and I roll up to the Mexican restaurant.

Well, we've got upwards of thirty minutes to kill waiting on Rocky since it's 1130 and we'd planned on a 1215 lunch ...so .. time to BS.  He fills me in on the chapter meeting I'd missed, we bullshit out Ham Radio things he's working on, etc., etc.  when Rocky and I start pinging each other with 'where you at?".  Weeelllllllllllllll... we have a disconnect. He's in Farmersville, we're in Caddo Mills.  When my phone was acting screwy, it didn't list the messages in the correct order....  he'd sent the Mexican restaurant text BEFORE I'd sent my recommended lunch spot... so .. we're reversed.  He jumps on his bike and heads south and by 1230, we're having lunch!  Whoops!

This is my first time to Fiesta's, a lil hole in the wall on the west edge of town. Lil' quaint inside and it's my kind of place.   They have a buffet that we all opted for and it was damned good.  All you can eat for $8.99!   One plate for each of us and we're done, but the options rocked.  Quick service, girls were all nice to us. There is a lot of home construction going on in the area and our waitress explains to us that most of them don't have a long lunch hour so the buffet is a hit with them.  As with us.

Well, we decide to follow Rocky back to log some miles and get some seat time... so we head up 36 where he breaks off towards Blue Ridge and we towards Celeste. After celeste we opt for 272 which is awesome. Lots of winding turns with no construction nor traffic; perfecto!  Onward to Wolfe City then back home.  All in all, about 85 miles for all of us.  Not bad for a sunny, 72 deg Spring Day in Tejas!



Small area but Awesome selection of Goodies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...