Tuesday Ride for ..... Ribeye Sandwiches!

 Yesterday Rocky reached out to me .. "Tuesday Ride?" ... quick weather check and I'm thinking .. Hell yeah!  We establish a time window...  mentioned it to Chief.. posted it on Group.IO ... mentioned it later to Dutch during a conversation .. and we're up to 4 bikes...  good enough for me!


Fuel Meetup


At 1000hrs myself, Rocky and the Chief connect up near my place and we're headed to Lone Oak to meetup with Dutch.  Top off the tanks, do a lil' BSing and we pick out  a lunch spot.  Then, it's two lane heaven into Sulphur Springs where we pull up into the square at 1100hrs as the doors are opening for lunch spots.  We pick the Corner Grub House which has outside seating and grab a nice spot in the sunlight.  The service rocks and she's recommending the Ribeye Sandwich so the 3 of us eating (Dutch make the mistake of slamming a big ass burrito for breakfast) are all in for it.  As it turns out, one of THE BEST I've ever had.  Perfect size, juicy melt in your mouth goodness.  Washed it down with iced teas for an over the top lunch.  I WILL be back for seconds. Well, time to close out the check and ....  a couple picked it up for us and left us with the good news.  This never fails to rock me to the core when this happens with a "thank you for your service" . No .. thank you ... whomever  you all were.  Means a lot to us!  So, pack it up , take a few pics in the square and we off to do some more miles. 

We head out on Hwy 11 through Commerce, Wolf City, Leonard then Rocky splits off headed home.  As we get closer to Greenville, make the decision to hit the VFW for a couple of cold ones to finish off the day's ride.  Pulling up, this place is packed!  Half a dozen ladies apparently meet here every Tuesday and with it being Fat Tuesday can't help but think others dropped in to celebrate.  Gives us about an hour to catch up (in between ol' Ms Melody getting her drinks dropping in our our conversations .. lol).  Then finally, push off and head back home.  Chief and I are already planning Thursday's ride; probably head towards Oklahoma this time.  Thursday's weather looks even better ........


Fueling up Pre Ride


The Square


The Square

VFW



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...