DRP Fiasco ?

 I've written about the DRP and LRRP programs before with my opinions.  I personally think both are good programs overall and provide an incentive for many to put some miles on their bikes?  The LRRP's Tri-State part has pushed me outside my comfort zone to get to out of state events more than ever.  The Inner State option of it has pushed me to visit other Texas chapters when I might not have.  The Finish the Mission pushes us to challenge ourselves and maybe .. to attend a National event when one might not?  But the DRP program ....


DRP is an interesting one. My take on it is it pushes members of a chapter to ride more together, put some miles on,  'in a pack.'.   Problem becomes on how you count these miles .. IMHO.  By the book, you put together a group ride of 2+ (more the better!), don that back patch, put some miles on and get some time in with your Brothers and Sisters.  That to me is the value/benefit of the patch and the 'mileages' it represents. However, I can't help but think ..actually 'know' .. it's being abused.  And this is just what I'm aware of.   What I mean by this is ....   what I believe it's meant to be  ... is a tool of sort to push folks to do some serious group riding.  I've found it to be a nice incentive to get 2-6 folks together during the week .. as a minimum ...and put some miles on the bikes that might not have happened otherwise.  But, if I decide to head out to grab a taco down the road, and all I have to do is announce it on Social Media or another format 60 minutes prior ... and no one rides with me to or from ... why the f' would I get credit for that 10 or 30 miles?  How the hell does that promote the DRP program?    To me it allows some to game the system; simple as that.  I'm not the only one with this opinion ... I know of several others with the same opinion.  But hey ....   the guilty announce their gaming openly to all .. so when they 'earn' their mileage ...  they are the ones looking a notch .. foolish?

Just me... thinking out loud.  It's 0349 hrs on a Saturday morning as I type this.  I'd rather be in bed snoring .. but here I sit...   solving the problems of the world.  Okay ...  whining about BS.  There... at least I feel better :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...