To the Detachment we go...

 Man .. what a boondoggle.    Last year, 23-11A was created.  I've thought about it for some time if there was a value to moving over.  I've gotten to know many in 23-11 pretty well and no intentions of moving over.  But, deep down .. I still thought about it.  I've seen things that I'm not 100% happy about.   I travel a lot and not willing to put in the time and/or effort to 'fix' what I deem is broke, so I've gone with the 'flow' and let things be.  But still .......

Well, I've been in contact with a few in the new Detachment and .. hinted we may consider it.  As it gets closer to becoming a full chapter, our names ended up on a list to State that we were moving over.  Well, I didn't provide that and I sensed more than one person got a lil' butt hurt over it when they saw our names on it.  Me personally, I see it as the best of both worlds... I get to spend time with 23-11 and .. the new detachment/chapter.  I was the 23-11 Road Captain awhile back but a certain individual questioned me on it .. and ... instead of calling him out and pushing back ... I went along with a change up since .. as I said .. travel often and wasn't avail majority of the time for the duties anyway.      Well, last night I threw my name into the hat for Road Captain for the Detachment; put a smile on my face.

I look at this as an opporunity for a reboot.   Fresh faces.  More riding.  Riding.. now.. there is a concept.  I've been with the CVMA almsot three years and been on only several orgainzed group chapter rides.  WTF?   Time to change that shit up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...