Godfather's Memorial

 What a day ... a day to be proud to be a CVMA member.  Huge turnout today to remember and praise Larry Godfather Smith! Weather cooperated, large group ride in from Royce City, and an awesome celebration of his life. Carolyn 'Bug' Smith was doing much better than the last time I'd seen her and handling it as well as possible.  The outflow of Love from many was a blessed sight!

May be an image of 1 person and text

We took off from the Buccees' parking lot and...  what always happens .. happens.  The line stretches out right off the bat because the lead bikes are up to speed before the last bike is out of the parking lot.  But, soon folks are hauling ass and we get tightened up down the road at the first stop sign. Road Blocks are out and doing a great job keeping folks safe.  Before you know it, we're rolling into SWG and what a sight that was in itself.  Parking went fairly quick and we were headed inside.  Just about everyone heads to the back but no one at the bar inside... score!  Soon, have a couple of drinks in my hand and outside to find my Bride and Brothers and Sisters.  I make an excuse about only having two hands (I'm short 3 drinks) and think I've shed my guilt when Bordeaux walks up with five drinks in his hands.... whoops.  I'll get next round?  

Gotta tell you, was a truly awesome day for Godfather, Bug and the CVMA.  The Memorial was over the top Professional.  Folks were looking sharp in the 'uniform of the day.' Lot of tears flowed, lot of great memories shared.  I've never been more impressed by our Commander than yesterday on how he handled himself and the event itself.  Knuckles, Half Sack, Snake had some beautiful words to say. Everyone participating (Flag folding ceremony, etc) were over the top.  I learned a lot about Godfather yesterday that I'd never known.  Learned a lot on how much influence he'd had over so many lives.  Learned about his great efforts with so many over the years.  Find myself wishing I'd known him longer.

Godfather.... you will be missed Brother. You are in our hearts


May be an image of motorcycle and road 

 










 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...