Regionals 2019



Had our Chapter Meeting last week at the Clancy Saloon (awesome weekend BTW!).  The highlight for me was folks got patched in as well as the whole event that weekend. Addtionaly, we had a changing of the guard so to speak with Chapter Elections.
CO - Antonio Estrada
XO - John D. Benton
SEC - Mario J. Ramos Jr.
TREAS - Brian Nichols

During the meeting, as Road Captain I was asked for some input. I was ready for the Big Ride to Buda so I asked for a show of hands on how many were headed south on their bike to Regionals, but I was caught off guard.  I've been planning this for a year.  It's on the edge of the Hill Country just south of Austin, so I was a lil' excited.  Had my room reserved since last year. I was down in that area this past June with another group I ride with (Iron Indians) and had a blast.  Good news is I got my fill because all I got was a  'maybe' from one other person on Saturday.  HUH?   Well, the good news is, a large group (majority?) are headed to Temple next month for State so we'll be good to go.

Curve Ball.  As I said, I wasn't expecting that response for Regionals.  So, after we got home yesterday mama and I had a discussion about 'what to do'.  Short version is I've got a lot on my plate overall, so I checked about the hotel's cancellation policy (10 Sep, no penalties) and did the unthinkable.  CANCEL

Problem is, as a 'newbie' to the CVMA I just don't know many outside 23-11.  If a few others were going, I'd be there.  But that's now behind me and it's time to start planning for State.  Cooler temps for riding, lots of 23-11 folks riding in; I feel a good time coming on!

CVMA State 2019

Temple, TX




https://cvma2310.com/tx-state-2019-23-10 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...