Steel Horse Rally 2021 ... in the books!

 Ahhhhhhhhh what a great time.  I wrote about it in detail here on my main Blog. Left my driveway on Thursday with Snake/Knuckles and Boots to meet up with the detachment folks and some 23-14 at Paris HD.  After some chit chat, we rolled up Hwy 271  to Clayton, OK to gas up and get some grub. We had at least one bike that had a smaller fuel tank so no choice.  From there, we rolled up to the Hilton Double Tree where most of us were staying. 

 Bubba had setup a dinner meet up with the local Chapter, 7-3.  Their Commander, XO and quite a few others were there.  Over two dozen of us all together.  Food, drinks and catching up ... was a good one.  Many would meet up the next day again, with a group pic coming out of it. We caught wind that the rally had just been authorized as a sanctioned event so at some point, we all headed over to the local HD dealer where 7-3 had setup as they have in past years.  Good array of things to pick up to support them (mugs, shirts, etc) and they had two "AR 12"s being raffled ..  so, I dropped the obligatory $20 for five tickets... someone has to win?

Mama's lil Kitchen in Clayton, OK

Throughout the Rally, saw a lot of CVMA folks out n' about.  In fact, quite a few rolled in from 44-1, Hattiesburg MS.  I'll be spending more time this year in MS and visiting 44-2 and 44-1 (Gulfport) so for me, it's was truly good to meet them.  Few of us headed to the races Friday night, and 44-2 was there as well. On Saturday, they had some good and bad news.  One of their guys went down on a ride up to Mt Magazine and his bike has to be trailered back. The good news is .. I saw him out n' about Saturday evening and he was doing good, not to banged up.

Most of the Texas folks headed back on Saturday a day early since the weather report called for some really bad weather Sunday.  I opted to hang back and ride with some other folks I'd planed to meet up there and got lucky yesterday heading back. Skirted by the stormy weather the first half, often riding on wet roads where just minutes before it'd poured . But I guess my momma upstairs must've been watching out for me on Mother's Day?

Already booked for next years rally ....   Now, just need to find two more sanctioned events this year... one in OK and one in LA .. hmmmmmmmm .. .LRRP!

 

No description available.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world on 2 wheels

DRP 50k

 Didn't realize I had that many. I track every CVMA related ride, but ....  guess I lost track of the total itself (story in itself I di...